Mommy's Favorite Little Monster
Puppy needs some bling too. Make this cute necklace for Mommy's Favorite Little Monster, from Rings & Things. A great Mother's Day craft, or just because.
- 8 #06-401-08-15 CRYSTALLIZED™ 8mm crystal octagon pendants, peridot
- 1 #01-122-14-15 CRYSTALLIZED™ 14mm rivoli stone, peridot
- 1 #44-750-26 26mm ring-shaped blank, sterling silver
- 6½" #40-099-29-3 2.8mm flattened cable chain, silver plate
- 11 #37-295-455 5.5mm round jump rings, sterling silver
- 1 #39-417-1 Magnetic clasp, white
- Round-nose pliers
- Chain-nose pliers
- Hole-punch pliers (#69-233)
- Hobby knife (#66-023)
- Crafters' Pick™ Jewel Bond adhesive (#60-281)
- Mod Podge®
- Magnetic clasps are ideal for pet jewelry because they will release when pulled, keeping your pet from getting caught or choked.
- Type and modify your text in an image editing program and print it on regular white printer paper. Cut out the image with a hobby knife by tracing around the metal blank. Adhere the image to the metal blank using Mod Podge.
- Glue the rivioli into the center of the metal blank using Jewel Bond or a similar adhesive. Punch a hole in the metal blank for a jump ring. Dangle crystals at regular intervals.
Download this free Basic Jewelry-making Technique Sheet for help using jump rings.
Read NextEaster Bunny Peeps DIY Catnip Toys
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 12, 2017
Oh my god this really is a stunning and show stopping piece, I think every dog should have one of these!! I would nearly wear this myself it is so pretty! I will be researching later where to get all the bits for this, I think all the dogs I know will be having one of these.
Apr 24, 2011
Good idea--and a VERY good point to use the magnetic fasteners for safety!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use