Mommy's Favorite Little Monster
Puppy needs some bling too. Make this cute necklace for Mommy's Favorite Little Monster, from Rings & Things. A great Mother's Day craft, or just because.
- 8 #06-401-08-15 CRYSTALLIZED™ 8mm crystal octagon pendants, peridot
- 1 #01-122-14-15 CRYSTALLIZED™ 14mm rivoli stone, peridot
- 1 #44-750-26 26mm ring-shaped blank, sterling silver
- 6½" #40-099-29-3 2.8mm flattened cable chain, silver plate
- 11 #37-295-455 5.5mm round jump rings, sterling silver
- 1 #39-417-1 Magnetic clasp, white
- Round-nose pliers
- Chain-nose pliers
- Hole-punch pliers (#69-233)
- Hobby knife (#66-023)
- Crafters' Pick™ Jewel Bond adhesive (#60-281)
- Mod Podge®
- Magnetic clasps are ideal for pet jewelry because they will release when pulled, keeping your pet from getting caught or choked.
- Type and modify your text in an image editing program and print it on regular white printer paper. Cut out the image with a hobby knife by tracing around the metal blank. Adhere the image to the metal blank using Mod Podge.
- Glue the rivioli into the center of the metal blank using Jewel Bond or a similar adhesive. Punch a hole in the metal blank for a jump ring. Dangle crystals at regular intervals.
Download this free Basic Jewelry-making Technique Sheet for help using jump rings.