Kitty and Me Scarves DIY Craft Project
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create this cute Kitty and Me Scarves DIY Craft Project for a cat and its mommy. This is one of the most unique fabric crafts ideas you'll ever think of - and it's not just meant for humans. Mom's scarf is knitted very simply using Sassy Fabric, while the cat's collar ruffles is made with the same fibers and an elastic. If you're looking for fabric crafts ideas that don't require a sewing machine, this is the perfect project. You can make one for yourself and your feline friend, or you can give it as a gift to a kitty-loving person. This project only takes a few minutes to complete but the results are absolutely adorable. Everyone will love your cute look and will have a laugh at your matching accessories.
- Red Heart Boutiques Sassy Fabric in Pink Dot
Knitting needles in 5.5mm (US 9)
- 12" of elastic (this one is in black)
This is a scarf intended to be worn as an accessory and/or during milder temperatures. Never leave your pet unattended while wearing such a collar, it is only intended for short durations of wear time.
Cat collar is made by cutting about 24 inches in length of Sassy Fabric.
Elastic is fed through each hole of Sassy Fabric.
Tie a knot after checking size of cat's neck.
Mom's scarf is knit by leaving 3 unknit holes. (Adapted from Red Heart Label/instructions)
Insert one needle 4 times from back to front through every other hole on the top part of the strip.
Knit these four stitches until only about 1 yd is left.
Bind off end by pulling end of fabric through the last bound off stitch.
Fold ends under the edge and tack inside with a needle and thread.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Talk about going green! Transform sturdy bags made from recycled materials into storage bags for fruit and vegetables in this tutorial… Continue reading: "Easy Recycled Fruit and Veggie Bag"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilting Tools Keychain
- 3d Wood Tree
- Easy Hot Pads With Free Pattern
- Rainy Day Coloring Page
- Magic Hat Coloring Page
- Seahorse Coloring Page
- Diy Gift Boxes
- How To Make A Paper Christmas Honeycomb Ball?
- Crochet Christmas Tree Garland
- Crochet Heart Angel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home