Glitzy Glam Dog Leash
Complete your diva dog's ensemble by making a glitzy leash with this free dog leash sewing pattern from Valeria Blackburn. Flower embellished leash matches the Glitzy Glam Dog Collar. Follow the size chart below for width/length of webbing, ribbon and buckle size to purchase. The flower is the same size for all leashes.
- 12”-15” neck- 55” long x 1” wide webbing, ribbon; 1” swivel clip
- 8”-11” neck- 55” long x 1” wide webbing, ribbon; 1” swivel clip
- 6”-10” neck- 55” long x 5/8” wide webbing, ribbon; 5/8” swivel clip
- 4”-6” neck- 55” long x ½” wide webbing, ribbon; ½” swivel clip
- 55” of nylon webbing
- 55.5” of contrast ribbon
- ¼ yd. glitter tulle
- 1 rhinestone button, approximately 1”
- 1 small elastic band
- 1 swivel clip
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread
- General sewing tools & iron
- Butane lighter
- Cut webbing and ribbon to length indicated in size chart.
- Carefully melt short ends of webbing with lighter to prevent fraying.
- Turn under ¼” on short ends of ribbon; press.
- Lay webbing right side up; lay ribbon right side up over webbing; pin in place.
- Topstitch ribbon to webbing 1/8” inside edges of ribbon.
- Thread right end of leash through clip so there is 1” of leash on wrong side of leash.
- Topstitch ¼” from end.
- To form a handle, on the opposite end of leash, fold 6” to wrong side.
- Topstitch ¼” from end of leash.
- Rotary cut three strips of tulle to the following measurements: 3”x16”; 2.5”x16”; 2”x16”.
- Right sides together, seam the short ends of each strip together.
- With a warm iron, press seam to one side. Begin folding the 3” wide strip in half horizontally with right sides out, pressing fold in place. When pressing, use extreme caution- a too warm iron will melt tulle.
- Repeat for remaining two strips of tulle.
- Layer the strips one on top the other, with the widest on the bottom, then the middle strip and the narrowest strip on top. Pin together.
- ¼” from raw edges, sew one row of basting around strip, through all layers, keeping raw edges even.
- Sew another row of basting ¼” from first row.
- Pull up gathering tightly, until there is no hole in the center. Tie off threads.
- By hand, sew button to center of flower; sew elastic band securely to back center of flower.
- To finish leash, thread flower over handle end of leash to desired position.
Read NextChunky Knit Cat Bed Pattern