Darling DIY Pennant Banner
Visit Michelle at Mixed Media Art.
There's always a reason to celebrate, and this Darling DIY Pennant Banner is the perfect decoration for any occasion. Learning how to make your own pennant banner is easier than it seems. Assembling this decoration is super simple. Best of all, you have creative freedom. Put a completely unique design on each pennant using paint and markers. You can also use these festive triangles to spell out names and words. This perky banner is sure to be a hit at your next party.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Darice David Tutera tags
- Darice hemp cord (6 feet)
- Darice sparkle tape
- Krylon pennants (6 pieces)
- FrogTape Zig Zag
- Red Heart Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton (Purple)
- iLovetoCreate Tulip fabric markers
- iLovetoCreate Tulip Slick fabric paints
- iLovetoCreate Tulip Beads in a Bottle
- Plaid Mod Podgeable Papers
- Plaid Sparkle Mod Podge
- Mod Podge applicators
- Folk Art circle stencil
- Fiskars scissors
- Double sided tape
- Masking tape
- Cream colored thread
- Lay three pennants on piece of cardboard. Adhere zig zag tape across all three pennants. Add purple and pink paint dots. Set pennants on flat surface and let dry overnight.
- Lay three pennants on cardboard. Use circle template to draw circles with green and pink fabric paint. Carefully remove stencil and wash in water to remove paint. Set pennants on flat surface and let dry overnight.
- Draw lines on pennants with fabric markers, using zig zag tape as a guide. Draw freehand circles on pennants.
- Add paint dots to all six pennants.
- Cut desired words from Mod Podgeable Papers and adhere them to tags. Once dry, add paint dots to tags. Lay flat to dry overnight.
- Roll out hemp cord. Arrange pennants and tags in desired order.
- To secure each pennant and tag, locate the middle of the cord and sew each piece of yarn to the cord.
- Cut more words from Mod Podgeable Papers and use Sparkle Mod Podge to affix words to clothespins. Set aside to dry, then attach to pennants.
- Wind yarn around hemp cord to add extra color and to hide stitching. Knot at ends and secure with sparkle tape.
- Hang your banner and admire your handiwork.
Read NextPolka Dot Serving Platters