Two Toned Homemade Papier Mache Bowl
With just two colors of paint, you can make papier mache projects that really make a statement. This Two Toned Homemade Papier Mache Bowl is perfect for crafters at any age and doesn't require a ton of expertise. In fact, if you want to learn how to paper mache, this is a great project to get you started. This bowl can serve as a great decorative piece in your home, but it also can be used an organizational item. No matter what you use it for, your bowl will serve a fun reminder or your creativity and willingness to learn new skills. This project is perfect for the whole family, so gather up the kids and get to work.
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Looking for more DIY crafts? Check out our full list of paper crafts.
- Glue – Elmer’s
- Tub or container
- Paper cup
- Foam brushes
- Blow up balloon on the smaller side.
- Add glue and water to a tub or container – 1/3 water and 2/3 glue – mix well with brush.
- Add small bits of ripped newspaper to glue mixture and begin adding over half of the balloon. Make sure to add a couple of layers on top of one another for added strength and support.
- Use the paper cup as support while it dries.
- Once dry, add a layer of gesso to the outer shell and allow it to dry as well.
- Pop balloon and gesso inside of the bowl.
- Once gesso is dry, add paint.
Free Craft Video: Paper Mache Bowl
Read NextFree Butterfly Printables