Use cardstock and sequins to design this beautiful bookmark that you can use again and again.
- 2" x 5.5" sage cardstock, aqua and blue cardstock (Hue Palette Scrap Pack, Paper Reflections)
- Silver, blue, and green sequins (Nicole Spangles)
- Flower Punch (McGill Craftivity P/N 91100)
- Kreinik #12 Braid color 684
- Treasure Tape Dots
- Diamond Beadlets
Punch three aqua and three blue flowers from your cardstock. Apply a Tape Dot to the back of each one. Peel the liner off two of the aqua and one of the blue flowers. Stick the aqua flowers on the two remaining blue flowers, slightly off center so the blue shows underneath. Do the same with the remaining aqua and blue flowers, this time with the blue on top.
Peel the red liner off the backs of each flower and arrange them on your sage cardstock.(see picture for placement)Place a dot in the center of each flower.
Make a line of dots, with each new dot touching the edge of the one before it. The line should wind in between the flowers (see photo). Peel the red liner off each dot and apply sequins to the line, alternating colors and sizes.
Place two dots diagonal to the last dot. Peel back the liner on each and make a curlicue on each, as antenna. Peel the liner off your flowers and make little four-loop flower shapes on those dots. Use your liner to press the threads into the tape.
- Place your design into a shallow tray o in a small ziploc bag. Pour beadlets over the exposed tape areas. Tap to remove excess beadlets.