Springtime Painted Suitcase and Tote
By: Cheryl Ball, courtesy of Duncan Enterprises
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use Tulip fashion paint and glitter to paint a suitcase and tote bag in these bright, cheerful spring patterns and colors. Not only will you be creating a beautiful product, you will never have to second guess which bag is yours at the baggage claim!
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™
- Royal Blue Slick
- Pink Slick
- Black Slick
- Golden Yellow Slick
- Orange Slick
- Jade Pearl
- Espresso Pearl
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- Sunshine Yellow Matte
- Mandarin Orange Matte
- Petal Pink Matte
- Crimson Red Matte
- Grape Matte
- Royal Blue Matte
- Turquoise Matte
- Lime Matte
- Holiday Green Matte
- Chocolate Matte
- Glacier White Matte – 4 oz.
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™
- Pink Hologram Jewel
- Primary Assortment
- Turquoise Jewel
- Neon Ultra-Fine Assortment
- Orange Jewel
- Scribbles® Dimensional Fabric Paint
- Lime Green
- Suitcase – white or light color
- Tote bag – black
- Tracing paper
- White and gray chalk pencils
- Brushes – No. 1 script line, No. 12 flat, No. 3 round, 1-inch flat
- Scratch paper
- Paper towels
- Low-tack masking tape
- Blow dryer (optional)
- Use masking tape to cover areas of suitcase not to be painted.
- The suitcase can be painted white if desired. Use the 1” flat brush and to paint two coats of Glacier White Soft Fabric Paint™ to entire case, letting thoroughly dry between coats. A blow dryer will speed this step. A third coat can be added if needed. Let dry.
- Use the felt pen to trace designs onto tracing paper. Position designs on suitcase, referring to photo for placement, and cutting them apart as needed to fit your case. Use a small piece of tape to hold in place.
- Remove a pattern at a time, flip over, and then retrace lines with gray chalk pencil. Place in position, chalk side down, then use the wood end of chalk pencil to retrace line, transferring pattern to case. Carefully lift a corner of design, making sure it has transferred before removing. Repeat steps as needed to transfer designs to case.
- Squeeze a small puddle of each color of Soft Fabric Paint™ onto foil. Using appropriate sized brush, paint in sections of designs referring to photo for color placement. Let paint dry before applying a second coat. Continue with entire design.
- Squeeze puddle of Fashion Glitter Bond™ onto foil. One color of glitter will be applied at a time. Using appropriate sized brush, fill in several areas of designs with a thin layer of Fashion Glitter Bond™. Immediately pour on desired color of glitter. Pounce excess off onto a large piece of scratch paper to be reused. Finish with all areas of that color and let dry a few minutes before moving on to next color of glitter. Continue with remainder of glitter on entire case. Let thoroughly dry then use large flat brush to remove any excess glitter from design and crevices of suitcase.
- Referring to photo for color placement, detail designs with 3D Fashion Paints™. Start flow of paint on paper towel using an even pressure on the bottle for a smooth line. Keep tip of bottle clean by wiping on paper towels as you work. Referring to photo for color placement, detail areas with paint, being careful not to touch wet paint as you work. Let dry.
- Trace design onto tracing paper, then use white chalk pencil to transfer onto bag, following technique used on suitcase.
- Paint in design with two coats of Soft Fabric Paints™, referring to photo for color placement. Let dry.
- Add glitter following steps noted above.
- Detail with 3D Fashion Paint™ and let dry.
For more project ideas, go to ilovetocreate.com.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- Terra Cotta Garden Turtle
- DIY Copycat Pottery Barn Weathered Oar
- Quick Minecraft Canvas Art
- Darth Vader-Inspired Stencil
- Fun with Terra Cotta Pots
- DIY Watercolor and Gold Leaf Technique
- "Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint" free eBook
- Aged Terra Cotta Plaques
- Painted Pots for the Kitchen
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow
- Leather Seat Cushion