No Sew Gratitude Banner
Show how much you care with fun, easy-to-create no sew fabric projects. A No Sew Gratitude Banner from Tiffany Windsor is a great craft that you can hang up all year long. Take some time to appreciate your loved ones and take stock of what's important.
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Sheets
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape
- Cotton quilting fabric (or fabric of your choice)
- Peel and stick alphabet letters
- Determine length of banner and tear fabric into strips. (I like to create strips that are at least two times the width of my Aleene’s Peel & Stick Tape.) Pull away and discard any threads that remain after tearing.
- If using fat quarters, tear strips and join at ends with Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape. Simply cut Tape to desired length, peel back bottom liner paper and press to wrong side of fabric.
- Remove top liner paper to reveal adhesive.
- Overlap to join strips. Press to secure adhesive.
- Cut Aleene’s Peel & Stick Sheets in half. Cut two pieces of fabric slightly larger than Sheet. Remove top liner paper and press onto wrong side of one piece of fabric.
- Using paper as guide, cut fabric away along all sides.
- Remove top liner to reveal adhesive.
- Place adhesive side down on wrong side of second piece of fabric. You have now created a double side piece of fabric.
- Cut away excess fabric to create rectangle.
- To create pennant shape, fold rectangle in half and cut from corner to corner.
- Open to reveal pennant shape.
- Repeat steps to create as many pennants as you need to spell out your word.
- Cut Aleene’s Peel & Stick Tape into 3″ – 5″ lengths. Remove top liner paper and press in place along bottom edge of fabric ribbon.
- Working sections at a time, remove several pieces of top liner paper. Place pennants into adhesive.
- Add another row of Aleene’s Peel & Stick Tape along top edge of fabric ribbon.
- Remove paper liner and fold over fabric ribbon to create banner.
- Press alphabet letters on each pennant to spell out your greeting.
- Hang wherever you want to spell out a special greeting!
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Make a No Sew Gratitude Banner.