Santa Star Ornament
A great Christmas craft to decorate your tree is this santa star ornament. It's cute, it's modern and it'll make your tree look great. You could also use it as a wall decoration too.
STYROFOAM* Brand Products:
- Star, 6" (3-1/2")
- Yarn, baby-weight white
- Fabric, 12" (6") square red or green, solid or print
- Acrylic craft paint: white, red, green, black, peach (and rose)
- Felt, 9" x 12" brushed white
- Ribbon, 3/8" (1/4") wide, 30" (24") red or green grosgrain, velvet or satin
- Beads: two 5mm (4mm) black seed beads; one 5mm (4mm) pink or pearl; two 8mm (none) pink or pearl
- Pom poms, one 5/8" (1/2") white
- Fineline marker
- Wooden skewer
- Thick, white craft glue or low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
Paint star tips: black feet; white, red or green gloves. Paint faces peach. On small Santas, paint rose cheeks and use marker to draw on smile.
Cover star with fabric and determine where face will be; cut a small hole to expose face - approximately quarter-size for 6" Santa and dime-size for small Santa. Spread glue on top and sides of star but not on painted corners; place fabric on glue; smooth out wrinkles. Clip fabric at corners and tips of star, exposing painted areas. Press fabric smoothly onto sides and back; trim excess fabric at back.
Glue 3/8" (1/4") ribbon across center for belt; add sequin buckle. Cut felt into narrow strips for cuffs at wrists and ankles. Glue pom-pom to tip of hat. Let dry.
To make beard, spread a thin layer of glue over lower portion of face. Using skewer, poke a continuous strand of yarn into face every 1/8" - 1/4", making smaller loops near face and gradually larger loops near chin. Let dry. To finish face, glue on seed bead eyes, nose and cheeks for 6" Santa.
- Tie 6" length of ribbon into loop; glue to back of hat for hanger.
- Materials and measurements provided are for a 6" Santa; amounts shown in parentheses are for 3-1/2" Santa
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.