Santa and Snowman Ornament
Flannel and felt create this adorable Santa and snowman ornament. These are quick and easy DIY crafts that you can have for years. You can also make these ornaments and give them as gifts.
STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Ball, 1"
- Stars, 6" x 1/2", two
- Satin ribbon: black, 1/8" x 1/6 yd.; red, 1/8" x 2/3 yd.
- Pom-poms: 1/8" orange; one 1/8" and one 3/8" white; five 1/8" black
- Fabrics: red flannel; white plush felt
- Low-loft cotton batting, 1/4" thick, 1/3 yd.
- Fiberfil stuffing
- Red rickrack, 1/2" x 1-1/4 yds.
- Black half-round beads, 3mm, four
- Red quilting thread
- White curly doll hair
- Miniature broom
- Powdered blush
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Extra-long straight pins
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foam ball in half. Glue cut side to base of one point of foam star to create face area.
Place small mounds of fiberfill onto tummy and arm areas. Cut 8" square from batting and place over top of star. Gently pull batting taut to back of star and pin to secure. Adjust tummy and arm stuffing as needed.
Clip batting at inside corners of star and trim excess. Glue batting edges to foam; secure with pins until dry. Fold excess fabric at star tips and pin so folds lay flat. Pull rest of batting firmly around to back and glue to foam, 1/4" from edge; secure with pins until dry.
- Remove pins from ornament. Cut and glue 22" length of rickrack around edge of star, covering visible pins and glue. Cut 10" length from 1/8" red ribbon and knot ends; glue knot to back of ornament for hanging loop.
Cut pattern as indicated. Fold remaining flannel in half. Refer to diagram to cut triangular hat from flannel, placing 6" side on fold line.
Place coat pieces onto star, slightly overlapping at center front as shown. Glue excess felt at top and sides around to back. Fold back lapels; spot glue to secure.
Cut 3/8"-wide strip from white plush felt. Glue felt around bottom of coat and sleeves.
Glue doll hair to face for beard. Glue half-round beads to face for eyes. Glue 1/8" white pom-pom to face for nose.
With wrong sides together, glue long open edges of hat together. Glue hat onto head and twist tail around to front. Spot glue tip to shoulder. Glue plush felt trim around bottom of hat and 3/8" white pom-pom to tip.
- Glue black ribbon across waist for belt. Glue two 1/8" black pom-poms to coat for buttons.
Cut 1" x 11" strip from flannel for scarf; tie around neck. Glue broomstick to back of one arm.
- Glue orange pom-pom to face for nose. Blush cheeks with fingertip. Glue tiny piece of quilting thread to face for mouth.
Read NextCoffee Filter Angel Wings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.