Recycled Lightbulb Christmas Ornament
Rather than paying big bucks for a brand new bauble, why not make recycled Christmas ornaments instead? These Recycled Lightbulb Ornaments are easy to make but pretty enough to display with pride. To get started, all you need is a burnt-ou LED lightbulb and a few embellishment. Christmas ornament crafts are a great way to celebrate the season and add a personal touch to your tree. When you go green and use recycled items, you make that craft even more special.
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
- White LED light bulb
- A6 sized white shimmer cardstock
- Twelve 10mm clear self-adhesive flat-sided rhinestone stickers
- Twenty 4mm clear flat-sided rhinestone stickers
- Silver-grey glitter
- 40” of 0.5” wide silver lace ribbon
- Fine silver embroidery thread
- 3/8” bell craft punch
- Powder blue acrylic paint
- Clear drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Clear drying matt spray varnish
- Standard scissors
- Thin paintbrush
- Eyebrow tweezers
- Give the light bulb an uneven wash with the powder blue paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Add an abstract glue pattern to the bottom of the bulb. While the glue is still wet, dust the glue with glitter, shake off any excess glitter and allow to dry again.
- Punch bells from the white cardstock and glue them in an uneven row all around the bulb.
- Spray the glass part of the bulb with the spray varnish and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Randomly add small and big rhinestones between the bells and the glittered glue pattern.
- Glue two short strips of ribbon crisscross over the top part of the base and allow to dry.
- Tightly wind the ribbon around the base of the bulb and neatly glue the end of the ribbon in place.
- You need to be able to hang the ornament from the tree. Put a piece of silver thread through the needle’s eye and double it up. Stick the needle through the lace at the top part of the base and tie a knot a few inches away from the top of the bulb’s base. Neatly cut off the ends of the thread.
- Use tweezers to help pick up and glue the small rhinestones to their appropriate places.
Find more ideas for how to decorate light bulbs in our collection,12+ Light Bulb Crafts
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Ornaments"
Don't leave your tree looking sparse this Christmas season. Decorate it with beautiful Christmas ornaments like religious Christmas ornaments, hand painted Christmas ornaments, and fun Christmas ornaments.