Nature's Quick and Easy Ornaments
Handmade ornaments showcase the colors of nature, including pumpkin seeds, chili peppers, dried peas and moss.
STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Ball 4"
- Dried materials: pumpkin seeds, chili peppers, dried split peas, moss, pinecones
- Straight pins
- Acrylic finish, low gloss (optional)
- Ribbon, 12" per ornament
- Thick, white craft glue or low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Nature's Quick & Easy Ornaments
- Working on a small section at a time, cover portion of ball with glue and glue on dried materials; continue, working a section at a time, until ball is covered. Let dry.
- Glue split peas as close together as possible. Model pictured has alternating quadrants of yellow and green split peas. Stripes and swirls are other design options.
Cover ball entirely with moss.
Wrap ribbon around ball, pinning at top and bottom of ball (optional).
Glue pumpkin seeds as close together as possible.
Cut apart pinecone; starting at the bottom, glue individual leaves in a row around ball.
Add another row, overlapping the first.
Continue adding rows, overlapping each row, until ball is covered.
Glue peppers as close together as possible; to keep peppers in place, pin top and bottom of each pepper to the ball.
Spray ornaments with acrylic finish (optional).
- Tie ends of ribbon together, forming a bow. Place dab of glue on top of ornament; pin and glue bow to ball, forming hanger.