Glitter Topped Christmas Ornaments
This Christmas, add a little sparkle to your Christmas tree with Glitter Topped Christmas Ornaments. If you want to create your own DIY Christmas crafts this year, consider working on this quick and simple project. Be sure to add jingle bells and pretty ribbon to the top of your ornament for a more regal look. Crafts with glitter may seem daunting (and messy), but this ornament is actually a breeze. You only need a little bit of loose glitter to make an impact, so this project takes almost no time to clean up. Use a variety of colors to create an arsenal of seasonal ornaments.
- Jingle bells
- Snowflake die cut
- Crystal sprigs
- White ribbon
- Silver ribbon
- Can of Krylon paint
- Take top off of ornament, and spray the inside of ornament. Shake paint around and let it dry upside down to let any excess paint come out. Give it a second coat once dry.
- Spray silver jingle bells with Krylon paint. Since I had three different colors, I set up a spraying station outside and painted them in all 3 colors. Turn the bells and paint again. Keep turning until they are completely covered. Once painted and dry, tape off the ornament and "paint" glossy accents on the top half. Sprinkle it with silver glitter.
- Tie white sheer ribbon to top of ornament. Use glue gun to glue crystal sprigs on an angle. Die cut snowflake and adhere to center of sprigs.
- Cut silver ribbon into thinner strips using fabric scissors. Fold in half. Thread two jingle bells with white string and tie around silver ribbon. Cut ends to desired length. Use glue gun to adhere to center of snowflake.
- Adhere posie to side of jingle bells.
You can find this project, as well as many more, in our new eBook, Make it Yours®: How to Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More from Krylon®! Download your own free copy today!
Read NextTea Jug Poinsettia Ornament