Milk Bottle Cap Ornament
Get even the littlest hands involved with this environmentally-friendly holiday project. Recycled plastic bottle caps make fun mini-frames for playful holiday papers on this Mini Bottle Cap Ornament. You could even place little photos of your family within these little bottle caps for a cute ornament that you can give to grandparents or parents for Christmas.
- 3" STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam Ball
- Recycled red and green milk bottle caps, 16
- Holiday scrapbook papers of choice
- Ribbon: red double-sided satin, 1/8" x 1/4 yd.; holiday taffeta, 1/2" x 1/3 yd.
- Wooden skewer
- Small round paintbrush
- Circle craft punch, 1" or 1-1/4", or compass
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Wash and dry all bottle caps. Use glue gun to glue two bottle caps to opposite sides of foam ball, rim up or down as desired. Glue remaining bottle caps to ball, evenly spaced around first two. Fill in empty areas with remaining bottle caps as needed.
Punch circles from scrapbook papers to decorate caps; use 1" punch for inside cap and 1 1/4" punch for top of cap. Note: If craft punches are unavailable, use compass and pencil to draw circles on back of paper; cut out with scissors. Use white glue to adhere circles to caps.
- Knot ends of 1/8" wide ribbon. Place dot of glue on knot and use skewer to push knot into top of ornament. Tie remaining ribbon into bow; glue to base of hanging loop.