Donald Duck Inspired Ornament
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create a lovely ornament inspired by one of your favorite cartoon characters. The Donald Duck Inspired Ornament is a simple and sweet homemade ornament with that perfect amount of detail to pay homage to a cartoon classic. A blue and white base with a red bow and gold trim form the perfect recipe for Donald Duck. This project is easy enough to put together, and the effect is so charming. Make homemade ornaments inspired by all of your favorite characters! This tutorial is a real treat.
From the Designer: "My daughter is a huge Donald Duck fan, and I am always looking for a way to create one of a kind items for her with my crafting tools."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- 1 Bottle of White Paint
- 1 Bottle of Blue Paint
- 1 Piece of Yellow Rhinestone Sticker Sheet
- 1 Rubber Band
- 1 Round Ornament
- 1 Bow Die Cut
I started with a plain glass ornament, and I painted the whole thing white with primer. Now, you could start off with a white ornament, but all I had was the clear ones so that is why I decided to just go with that and paint the whole thing.
Then I placed a rubber band around the center of the ornament. This made it easy for me to find the middle and visually play around with that rubber band to make sure it was straight . . . or as straight as I could get it. You could use tape, but I found that when I was trying to tape it I could not tell if I was right in the middle of the ornament as well, so that is why I decided to use the rubber band trick.
I used a paper cup to rest the ornament in as I painted either end. This way I did not have to worry about setting it down and having paint come off. When I was painting the bottom, the top was down in the cup and then when that was dry I flipped it to do the other half. I painted the top half royal blue, like the color of Donald Duck's shirt.
Once the paint was dry, I cut a strip of the yellow rhinestone sticker sheet from The Buckle Boutique with scissors and peeled of the backing and attached it to the ornament. I love these sticker sheets! Just cut off the amount of rhinestones and sparkle that you need, peel off the backing and stick! SO EASY! With loose rhinestones I would have gone NUTS trying to line them all up in three rows like this! Can you imagine how long that would have taken?
Last, I used my Mickey and Friends Cricut cartridge to cut a large red bow to place on the center of the ornament. I even added a little sparkle to Donald's bow tie by cutting it from a glitter sheet. I used a pop dot to attach it to the ornament.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Snowman Family Recycled Craft Ornament
- Heart Felt Ornaments Tutorial
- 70+ Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- Initial Homemade Ornaments
- No-Sew Quilted Christmas Ornament
- Popsicle Stick Angel Ornament Craft
- Snowflake Mitten Holiday Ornament
- Recycled Snowflake Ornament
- Crochet Angel Tree Topper
- DIY Beaded Garland Ornaments
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Upcycled Football Vase
- Tassel Earrings
- Valentine's day wall decorations
- Recycled Wine Glass Planters
- Chic Valentine Decor
- How to Sew an Eyeglass Case with a Pocket
- How to Decoupage on Wood
- How to Store Craft Supplies + Craft Room Storage Ideas
- DIY Valentines Day Wreath
- How to Choose the Correct Sewing Thread
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home