Splash of Color Pendant
You can wear this beautiful Splash of Color Pendant with anything! This necklace pendant from Diamond Tech is easy to make...and you can change the colors to suit your tastes. Make matching earrings or a bracelet to complete the look!
- Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
- Fuseworks™ Kiln Paper
- Fuseworks™ Clear Sheet Glass
- Fuseworks™ Confetti
- Fuseworks™ Glass Cutter
- Fuseworks™ Running Pliers
- Fuseworks™ Gold Small Bail
- Safety Glasses
- E-6000® Glue
- Using a glass cutter, cut two 1” X 1” squares of Clear glass. Clean glass using paper towel moistened with water. Completely dry the surface of the glass with a lint free cloth.
- Cut a 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place the kiln paper on the kiln base.
- Position the 1” clear squares on the center of the kiln paper, two high. Artistically position the confetti glass on the glass surface to your liking.
- Carefully set the base with glass inside the microwave and cover with kiln lid. Fuse in a 1200 watt microwave on high for 2 minutes. If using a microwave with a lower wattage, increase the time to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. PLEASE NOTE: All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use.
- After time is up, open microwave and, using Hot Mitts, carefully lift the lid enough to inspect the fusing process. Glass is fused when the edges of the glass are nicely rounded. If necessary, continue to microwave at 30 second increments until desired results are achieved.
- Remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln for at least 30 minutes WITH THE LID ON.
- Caution: Removing the lid or peeking under the lid during the cooling stage may result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a long time handle with great care.
- Glue a bail to the back of the fused glass square and allow it to dry according the manufacturer’s directions.