Create these fun accessories from I Love to Create for a great gift to mom. Mix fabric paint on leather pieces for a funky look for mom. This can be done in only eight steps.
- Scribbles® Dimensional Fabric Paint
- SC207 Candy Pink
- SC213 Holland Blue
- SC225 Silver
- SC227 Plum Luster
- Grommets, brads and other desired embellishments
- Wire cutters
- Old leather belt
- Blow dryer (optional)
- Paper towels
- Crop-A-Dile or leather punch
- Paper plate or foil
- Cut desired size pieces from leather belt.
- Squeeze out desired colors of Scribbles® Iridescent paints onto paper plate or foil.
- Dip finger into paint colors and apply directly to belt pieces. Blend different colors together to create new colors. Refer to photo and let dry. Tip: Use blow dryer to dry faster.
- Once dry, use a Crop-A-Dile or leather punch to punch holes through leather pieces for attaching chains. Punch out two holes where chain will be attached. Refer to photo.
- Use wire cutters to cut chains to desired lengths.
- Use pliers to open the last link on the chain.
- Insert open chain links into the hole on the leather pieces, then close using pliers.
- If desired, add charms and multiple layers of chain to pieces. Push grommets and brads through leather pieces where desired.
Read NextPrintable Mother's Day Bookmarks
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.