Ornament for Knitters
Ornaments can be created for anyone, including knitters. Show that special someone they're special by making a knitting ornament. Kathleen George shows us how to make these different ornaments in only three steps.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Ball, 2-1/2"
- Wooden items: 1/8" dowel, 12" length; wooden beads, 8mm, two
- Yarn of choice
- Electric pencil sharpener
- Thick, white craft glue
- Glue yarn end to foam ball; secure with T-pin. Wrap yarn around ball in multiple directions to completely cover foam and create smooth surface. When ball is completely covered, cut yarn and glue to ball; secure with pin.
- Cut 8" length from yarn for hanging loop; knot ends together. Apply dot of glue to knot and push into top of ball using dowel end or scissors point.
- Cut two 6" lengths from dowel for needles. Holding dowels gently but firmly, sharpen one end in pencil sharpener. Glue wooden beads onto unsharpened dowel ends. Carefully push needle points through ball at opposite angles as shown.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextMesh Pattern Hat