Easy One Cake Shawl
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Hi knitters! When I design a new piece, I love to go all out and try my hand at every possibility no matter the difficulty, I feel like the harder I challenge myself, the more amusing and satisfying the results are. I'll spare you the details of my numerus trials and errors and only present you with the final polished piece. For this shawl, I chose to knit it using Caron's Big Cake, which I've bought recently. I aimed for it to look both complex and tricky, yet very easy to do. The tricky part of this pattern is actually very easy; you will need to knit both the beginning and the end of the skein/cake at the same time. This does not mean that you use both ends together, but alternately. To put it simply, you start the row with one end of the skein and you keep going until you reach the middle of the row. The center stitch is knitted using the yarn of both ends of the skein, then you complete the rest of the row by switching to the other end. As you keep on knitting, you will see the colors of the yarn switch up and meet in at the center in different arrangements. This means that depending on the cake you have, each time you knit this shawl you will get your own unique version."
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Knit Argyle Baby Blanket
- Big Beginner Knit Shawl - Scarf
- A Walk Through The Sky Shawlette
- Ombre Poncho
- 55 Yarn Crafts without Knitting or Crochet
- "24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns" eBook
- Meridian Striped Pullover
- 68 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
- "12 Easy Lace Knitting Patterns" eBook
- Sunset Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- C2c Window Pane Throw Pillow
- Lois Shawl
- C2c Bunny
- 6 Granny Square Crochet Lovey Blanket Patterns
- Football Earwarmer
- Barnabee Bumbles
- Unicorn Fanny Pack
- Bella The Butterfly Appliqué
- The Easiest Diy Tassels
- Elephant Finger Puppet
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home