Easy Lace Shawl
The Easy Lace Shawl will soon become your go-to accessory! This lace shawl knitting pattern makes a pretty wrap to keep you warm during the colder months. It's also great for when the weather is transitioning from cool to warm or warm to cool. The pattern is quick and easy, requires no seaming, and looks very elegant draped around your shoulders. You can knit a shawl for your daughter or granddaughter for Christmas, or gift one to yourself. Easy knitting patterns like this are great for getting new people into knitting, too.
For more easy knitting projects, you'll want to check out these
59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns.
- Yarn: RED HEART® “Designer Sport™”: 3 Balls 3921 Crimson.
- Knitting Needles: 6mm [US 10].
Size: Shawl measures 18½” x 54”.
Gauge: 13 sts = 4” in pattern with yarn held double. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- With 2 strands held together throughout, cast on 61 sts.
- Purl 1 row.
Row 1 (Right Side): K1, * [yo, slip 1, K1, psso] twice, K1, [K2tog, yo] twice, K1; repeat from * across.
- Row 2: Purl.
- Row 3: K2, * yo, slip 1, K1, psso, yo, slip 1, K2tog, psso, yo, K2tog, yo, K3; rep from * to last 9 sts; yo, slip 1, K1, psso, yo, slip 1, K2tog, psso, yo, K2tog, yo, K2.
- Row 4: Purl.
- Repeat Rows 1-4 for pattern until 54” from beginning, end by working Row 4. Bind off.
- K = knit
- mm = millimeters
- P = purl
- psso = pass the slipped st over
- st(s) = stitch(es); tog = together
- yo = yarn over; * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated
- [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners:
27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Knitting"
Find hundreds of free knitting projects, knitting videos, and more! We've got projects that are perfect for beginners, such as simple and stylish hat patterns. And we've got knitting projects that will challenge those with years of knitting experience. Browse this great collection today!
Sign Up for More Free Projects
There are no records