Easy Chunky Knitted Footies
These thick and cozy slippers from Authentic Knitting Board are easy and quick to knit. You'll love padding around the house in them.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Stitch: Criss Cross
Sizes: Sm (6-7), Med (8-9), Lg (10-11)
- Knitting board (18” or 28”) standard spacing
- Knit hook
- Crochet hook
- Large eyed sewing needle
- Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease, Thick and Quick (2) skeins, all sizes
Gauge: 3 sts=1”
- Cast On 24 (26) 28 stitches in Criss Cross Stitch. Lay anchor yarn with matching yarn.
- All sizes: Knit in CrissCross Stitch for 10 rows.
- Increase row: Inc (1) stitch each end of board between the 2nd and 3rd stitch. Knit row.
- Knit 6 (6) 8 regular rows.
- Repeat (1) additional Increase row.
- Size large only: Knit (1) regular row. Knit (1) additional increase row.
- All sizes: Knit 4 (6) 8 regular rows in CrissCross.
- Cut working yarn leaving 3-4” tail.
- Adding new stitches for cuff:
- Place new loop knot on empty needle that is (4) needles to left of knitting.
- Weave in Crisscross over to yarn tail and tie together.
- Continue weaving across the existing stitches and continue weaving the (4) empty needles to right end of board. Return the weaving across the entire board. You now have (1) loop on the first and last (4) needles. You have (2) loops on the center stitches.
- Hook over the center original stitches. Do nothing to the new stitches until after the next row when you will have (2) loops on all needles used.
- Knit additional 9 (9) 11 regular rows to complete the cuff. Cut working yarn.
- Tuck in yarn tail.
- Knit the 2nd slipper just like the first one.
- Sewing the slippers: Fold the slipper so that the anchor yarn is at the toe and the cuffs lay together. With matching yarn and sewing needle, use invisible stitch to sew the back heel up to top of cuff.
- Sew top of slipper from top of toe to about 1-1/2” to beginning of cuff. Tie securely.
- Draw up anchor yarn to close in the toe and create the soft rounded shape for the toe. Trim all yarn tails and tuck into the knitting.
- Now, that’s a pair of warm, copy slippers for the upcoming winter. Great gifts, too!
If you liked these, you'll love our collection of 14 Cozy Crochet and Knit Slipper Patterns!
Read NextGrandma's Knitted Slippers
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 24, 2014
what is a criss cross stitch and also what is a knit hook? EL
Dec 14, 2010
I would love this pattern if it were for knitting needles. How do we convert to knitting needles or is it even possible. I get very frustrated, find something I really like and find it is for a knitting loom. Please! Help!
Sep 06, 2010
Can anyone translate this into a pattern using knitting needles??
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use