Cozy Knitted Slipper Socks
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
These Cozy Knitted Slipper Socks are a great way to keep your feet warm this winter. With this free knitting pattern, you'll be able to create comfy socks for you and your loved ones. This knitting design uses different yarns for men and women, which makes the design a fantastic gift idea for this holiday season. With these slipper socks, you and your family won't have to worry about cold wood or tile floors. No matter how chilly it gets outside, your feet will be nice and toasty.
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Gauge 17 sts and 27 rows = 4” in Broken Rib
- For women: 1 skein each of 319 Cherry Red A, 316 Soft White B, and 400 Soft Grey Heather C RED HEART® Super Saver® yarn
- For men: 1 skein each of 400 Soft Grey Heather A, 319 Cherry Red B, and 316 Soft White C RED HEART® Super Saver® yarn
- Susan Bates® double pointed needles: One set of five 4 mm [US 6] needles
- Split lock stitch markers
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
Looking for more knitted sock patterns? Check out 16 Free Knitted Slipper Patterns + Knit Slippers for Christmas
1x1 Rib (even number of sts, in the round)
Round 1: * K1, p1; repeat from * to end of round. Repeat this round for 1x1 Rib.
Broken Rib (even number of sts, in the round)
Round 1: knit.
Round 2: * K1, p1; repeat from * around. Repeat Rounds 1-2 for Broken Rib.
With B, work 2 rounds.
With C, work 2 rounds.
With B, work 2 rounds.
With A, work 6 rounds.
Instructions are for small adult. Changes for medium, large and extra large are in parentheses. Sock measures 7½ (8½, 9½, 10½)" (19 (21.5, 24, 26.5) cm) around foot.
For leg: with A, cast on 32 (36, 40, 44) sts. Place 8 (9, 10, 11) sts on each of 4 double-pointed needles. Join round being careful to not twist cast-on edge, and mark first st. Work 6 (10, 6, 10) rounds in 1x1 Rib. Drop A, and work 43 (43, 55, 55) rounds in Broken Rib and stripe sequence; the final round should be a single color A round.
For heel placement: with waste yarn, k16 (18, 20, 22) sts. Slide all waste yarn sts back to left needle. With A, work in pattern across waste yarn sts and remainder of round.
For foot: drop A, and work 42 (42, 54, 54) rounds in Broken Rib and stripe sequence (starting at beginning of sequence), then continue with A only. Work 1 (5, 1, 5) rounds evenly.
For toe shaping: make sure the sts are still distributed evenly across the 4 double-pointed needles, and continue with A only.
Round 1 (decrease round): * K1, ssk, knit to end of first needle, knit to last 3 sts before end of second needle, k2tog, k2; repeat from * across 3rd and 4th needles.
Round 2: knit. Repeat rounds 1 & 2 until 16 (20, 20, 24) sts remain, then repeat round 1 only until 8 (12, 12, 12) sts remain. Graft toe sts together.
For heel: place first 8 (9, 10, 11) sts from bottom of Heel on one double-pointed needle, 8 (9, 10, 11) sts on a second needle. Divide sts at top of heel over 2 needles in the same manner, and carefully remove waste yarn.
Round 1: with A and right side facing, pick up 1 st in gap between top and bottom needles, knit across 2 bottom needles, pick up 2 sts from next gap, knit across 2 top needles, then pick up 1 more st in first gap – 36 (40, 44, 48) sts. Knit 1 round evenly.
Round 1 (dec round): * K1, ssk, knit to end of first needle, knit to last 3 sts before end of second needle, k2tog, k2; repeat from * across 3rd and 4th needles.
Round 2: knit. Repeat rounds 1 & 2 until 20 (24, 24, 28) sts remain, then repeat round 1 only until 12 (16, 16, 16) sts remain. Graft heel sts together
Weave in all loose ends.
- A, B, C
- Color A, Color B, Color C
- knit next 2 sts together
- * or **
- repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
- slip next two stitches knitwise to right needle, insert point of left needle through front of sts, knit these sts together through back loop
If you're looking for other knitting patterns to spark your imagination, get inspired with this "24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns" eBook
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Grandma's Knitted Slippers
- 16 Free Knitted Slipper Patterns + Knit Slippers for Christmas
- (Not) Wasting Time Knitted Socks
- 17 Cozy Crochet and Knit Slipper Patterns
- Simple Slipper Project
- Yoga Socks
- Knit Mary Jane Slippers
- Easy Knit Slippers
- Easy Chunky Knitted Footies
- Cuffed Knitted Slippers Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow