Garter Stitch Jacket and Hat Knitting Pattern for Baby
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Garter Stitch Jacket and Hat Knitting Pattern for Baby is too adorable to pass up! This is one of the simplest baby knitting patterns for beginners. Use a basic stitch to make the bulk of this project. The cute green pocket and hat rim are nice accents to the rest of the project. This jacket comes in sizes starting at 3-6 months all the way up to a year. The diagram is a great visual and really shows how simple the pattern is. If you're looking for that perfect baby shower gift, this is a fantastic option!
Be sure to enter to win yarn from LoveCrafts.com to make this project!
NotesThe jacket is worked in one piece from the lower edge of the back. If you are making the Jacket and the Hat, one ball of Citrus should be sufficient for both.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge18 sts and 36 rows to 10cm/4in square over garter st (k every row) using 5mm (US 8) needles.
Finished SizeSee PDF
- 4(5:6) 50g balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in Stone 27 (A) and one ball of Citrus 75 (B)
- Pair of 5mm (US 8) knitting needles
- 1(2) 50g balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in Stone 27 (A) and one ball in Citrus 75 (B) for pompon (see NOTES).
- Pair of 5mm (US 8) knitting needles.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make The Cutest Mini Fabric Bin!
- Rebel Cat Amigurumi
- Patriotic Gnome
- Macrame Crossbody Market Bag
- String Art Greeting Cards
- Odor Eliminating Linen And Fabric Spray Recipe
- Fun Heart Coloring Page
- Dad Rocks Paperweight
- Mason Jar Advent Wreath
- Three Wise Men Light Up Wall Decor
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home