Crochet Doily Bowls
Use fabric stiffener to create decorative bowls with crochet doilies. These pretty little bowls are perfect for filling with jelly beans and other favors on Easter. Create one for every guest at the table or use to serve dessert any time of the year. This project comes to us compliments of Heidi Borchers for Inspired at Home.
- Crochet doily (select size to fit custard cup)- You can use this doily crochet pattern.
- Glass custard cup
- Waxed paper
- Plastic wrap
- Plastic bag
- Aleene’s Fabric Stiffener™
- Rubber band (to fit around custard cup)
- Place waxed paper on work surface. Turn custard cup upside down and cover with plastic warp.
- Pour stiffener into plastic bag. Place doily in bag and squeeze bag to saturate doily. Remove doily, squeezing out excess stiffener as you remove from bag.
- Place doily over inverted cup and stretch to form and shape evenly. Place rubber band around top of cup to form crisp folded edge. (This will create the rim of the bowl.) Allow to dry overnight. Remove from bowl and discard plastic wrap.
Heidi’s Designer Tip: Don’t wait until it’s too late for a special occasion to create these bowl covers. Make them now, tuck them away, and when the party calls for chocolate mousse, you’ll be half-way there! And, there’s nothing that says these pretty bowls have to be just for dessert, why not give them as a gift to hold jewelry, potpourri or special tokens!
Read NextGranny Crochet Dishcloth Pattern