Chunky Bowl Cover Free Crochet Pattern
By: Lorine Mason
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Naked bowls are so yesterday. Create your own version of this Chunky Bowl Cover Free Crochet Pattern and display it in your kitchen. One skein crochet patterns are perfect for anyone who's short on time or low on funds. In no time at all, you can crochet a bowl cover that really stands out. What makes this project especially unique is the super bulky yarn. There's nothing delicate about this free crochet pattern - it's durable and versatile. If you're feeling extra ambitious, use multiple skeins of yarn and create a one-of-a-kind color scheme. You can even crochet a bowl cover that matches your kitchen decor.
Crochet Hook: P/16 or 11.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- 1 skein Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn
- Crochet Hook P 11.50 mm
- Attach yarn to your crochet hook. Chain 5 and form a ring with the stitches by slip stitching into the first stitch
- Chain 3, Double crochet 12 stitches into the ring and join with a slip stitch into the top of the Chain 3.
- Chain 3, then Double Crochet in the same stitch as the Chain 3. Double Crochet twice into each stitch all the way around.
- Chain 3, Double Crochet in the same stitch as the Chain 3. *Double Crochet twice in the next stitch. Double Crochet once in the next stitch. Repeat from * all the way around. Join with a Slip Stitch to the top of the Chain 3.
- Chain 1, Single Crochet into the back loop of the next stitch and continue all the way around. Slip Stitch to the beginning of the Chain 1. Note: This will create the ledge, perfect for the bottom edge of the bowl.
- Single crochet all around the edge of the bowl, joining with a slip stitch. Repeat to create a second row.
- Chain 3, Double Crochet in the same stitch as the Chain 3. Double Crochet into each stitch all the way around. Join with a Slip Stitch to the top of the Chain 3.
- Chain 1, Single Crochet into the back loop of the next stitch and continue all the way around. Slip Stitch to the beginning of the Chain 1.
- Single Crochet all around the edge of the bowl, joining with a Slip Stitch.
- Using the remaining yarn, thread it through the top edge of each stitch, wrapping it around and over the next stitch. Hide the end of the yarn by threading it down through the stitches along the side of the bowl and trim. Turn the bowl inside out and form into desired shape.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home