Brain Freeze Ice Cream Sleeve
Everyone loves ice cream but not everyone loves frozen fingers. With this Brain Freeze Ice Cream Sleeve, you'll never feel that horrible chill again! This is one of the most simple crochet patterns but it looks great and is so practical.
- Small amount of worsted weight cotton in 3 colors
- Crochet hook size I 9/5.50mm
- Pint of ice cream
- Ch 38, join with a sl st to first ch being sure not to twist ch.
- Rnd 1 Ch 2 (counts as 1st st now and throughout), dc in ea st around, join with a sl st to top of beg ch-2 (38 sts).
- Rnd 2 Ch 2, fpdc, [bpdc, fpdc] around, join with a sl st to top of beg ch-2, fasten off.
- Rnd 3 Join with a sc to bl of any st, sc in bl of ea st around, join with a sl st to first sc.
- Rnd 4 Ch 1, sc in same st, bobble, [sc, bobble] around, join with a sl st to first sc.
- Rnd 5 Ch 1, sc in same st, sc in ea st around, join with a sl st to first sc, fasten off.
- Rnd 6 Join with a sl st to bl of any st, ch 2, dc in bl of ea st around, join with a sl st to top of beg ch -2.
- Rnd 7 Ch 2, fpdc, [bpdc, fpdc] around, join with a sl st to top of beg ch-2, fasten off.
- Weave in all ends, insert pint of ice cream, use spoon to enjoy the creamy goodness.
- Fits pint-sized ice cream container
- Finished Measurements: 7.5” circumference x 2.75” tall
- Gauge: 15 sts x 16 rows = 4” (10 cm) in sc
- Bobble stitch– insert hook in st indicated, yo pull up loop, ch 3, yo pull through both loops on hook
We interviewed Drew Emborsky on FaveCrafts Radio and asked him about this project. Listen to the May 4 show to hear his tips and tricks.
Read NextGranny Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 31, 2017
Quite a clever idea that I wish I had thought of myself! It makes an unusual, out of the ordinary gift for someone whom you don't know what to buy for- because everyone loves ice cream! You can't go wrong with this pattern using just three rows to complete one sleeve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use