Decorative Mini Journal
Homemade journals are great because you can decorate them any way you'd like. With these instructions for a Decorative Mini Journal from Melissa Langer, you'll be able to make your own personalized diary or customized journal in no time!
- Piece of card stock (example shown is 8" x 10")
- Scanner (example was made using a Flip-Pal mobile scanner)
- Several sheets of construction paper (depending on how many pages you want in your journal)
- Bookbinders awl or protractor
- Tapestry needle
- Bobble yarn
- Stickers and other decorations to paste inside your journal
- Scan an object with a pretty pattern that you want to use for the cover of your journal.
- Print the scanned image onto the card stock.
- Fold the piece of card stock in half.
- Measure the card stock and cut the construction paper pages to be 1/4" smaller and fold them in half.
- Find the center of the paper and punch a hole with a book binder's awl, protractor, or other sharp object.
- Measure about 1.25" from the top and bottom of the center crease and place a hole in each spot.
- Thread the tapestry needle with the bobble yarn and start in the center hole. Sew in and out of all 3 holes so that the two ends end up on the outside of the cover in the center hole. Tie a knot at the end.
- Decorate the inside pages of your journal.
Read NextDIY Ribbon Book Cover