Stylish Stone Bracelets
Create your own fashion style with this easy rubber stamping technique on resin tiles from Heidi Borchers of Inspired at Home. You can even make these reversible – two looks in one!
- Style Stones (by Clearsnap)
- Ancient Page Inks (2 – 3 colors for each color palette)
- Rubber stamps
- Embossing heat gun
- Elastic jewelry cord
- Instant jewelry glue
- Optional: 3D Crystal Laquer
- Determine color palette for your bracelet design. Apply one ink color at a time to one side of stone by pressing or rubbing the ink pad on the Stone. Use heat gun for several minutes to set ink. If you are careful, you can apply 2 – 3 colors at a time but you do run the risk of transferring the ink colors from one pad to another. Until you get the hang of this step, it is recommended that you only apply one color at a time and heat set after each color. Be careful because the Stone will get hot! Let it set for several minutes before handling in the next step.
- Ink rubber stamp with black ink (or dark color to contrast with background color). Carefully stamp rubber stamp design onto Stone. Use heat gun to set ink. Repeat process with both front and back and sides of Stones, always heat setting between color applications.
- Determine desired length of bracelet. String Stones on elastic jewelry cord with several beads in between. Tie knot to join ends of cord. Apply dab of glue to knot. Let set. Cut off excess cord.
Heidi’s Designer Tips: For the prettiest color results, always leave the center of your Style Stone uncolored or use a very light ink color. This draws the eye in and make the design appear more dimensional. Keep in mind that you can stamp on both the front and back of these style stones so you can use one color/motif pattern on one side and a completely different color/motif on the back – just keeping in mind that the beads will need to match/complement each side!