Starry Night Homemade Earrings
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Day or night, you can shine bright with DIY jewelry ideas like this one. These Starry Night Homemade Earrings are pretty, practical and surprisingly easy to make. Use glass and metal beads to complete this project. The contrast between the two types of beads make this project a real standout. Homemade earrings make great gifts on a birthday or during the holiday season. Don't be afraid to add your own fun embellishments, too. The copper sheet metal used for this project gives a cool and unexpected look to the finished project. Wear your earrings with any outfit - they always look good.
- Copper sheet metal 30g
- 6 Swarovski Flatback Stars from Prima Beads
- 2 Lampworked disc beads
- Metal shears from MD Hobby & Craft
- Chasing hammer
- Liquid fusion glue from I Love to Create
- Silver tone artistic wire 20g
- LOS - Liver of Suplhur, baking soda and water
- Metal sealant
- Chain nose pliers
- Bail forming pliers
Cut out two rectangles of copper. File them smooth .
Hammer the rectangles with the ball peen end of a chasing hammer to texture them.
Punch holes on both short ends of the pieces. File the holes
Patina the rectangles in LOS solution for 2-3 minutes. Wash, clean and dry. Polish with a cloth and seal with sealant
Glue stars with liquid fusion glue. Let dry
Cut two 2.5 inches lengths of wire and use them to wrap the disc beads to the bottom hole of the rectangles.
Cut two 2 inches lengths of wire and curve them into earwires with a bail forming pliers. Attach them to the rectangles to complete the earrings.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
New to the wonderful world of crochet? If so, you should definitely start with this Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern. When… Continue reading: "Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern"
- Diffuser Necklace Diy
- Diy Tassel Keychain
- Decoupaged Napkin Necklace Upcycle
- DIY Jewelry Upcycled Silk Scarf Necklace
- Marbled Bead Necklace
- Disney Princess Bottle Cap Necklaces
- Make Earrings Out of Vintage Tins
- How to Make Shrink Plastic Jewelry
- Super Easy Memory Wire Bracelet
- Beginner Loom Bracelet
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Jewels Emerald Cube Granny Square
- In The Clouds Scarf
- Herringbone Chevron Beanie
- Arctic Ice Snood
- Create A Heart Template
- Mitered Corners
- How To Sew A Four Patch Quilt Block
- Easy Half Square Triangles
- Diy Valentine’s Day Toilet Paper Roll Wreath
- Easy You Spice Up My Life Diy Valentine's Day Gifts With Printables
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home