Friendship Bracelets Jewelry Project
Create a colorful bracelet for you and a friend!
- Soft Flex® Wire, .019 Diameter, 3 colors - 45 inches each color
- 2mm x 2mm Sterling Silver Crimp Tubes - 3 crimps
- Crimping Pliers
- Soft Flex® Flush Cutters
- Choose 3 complimentary colors of Soft Flex® Wire. Use Soft Flex® Flush Cutters to cut 45 inch lengths of each color. Hold all 3 strands together as if they are 1 strand of wire. Fold the wire in half and find the middle of the wire. Use a narrow strip of tape to secure the middle of the wires to your work surface.
- This design is a series of the same over hand knot going in opposite directions. Hold one group of three strands of wire in each hand. Take the 3 strands of wire in your left hand and pull them over the top of the wire in your right hand. Pull the wire through the back side of the loop that you have created, tying a loose half hitch knot.
- Now, go the opposite direction. Take the wires in your right hand pull them over the wires in your left hand. Pull through the back side of the loop, tying a loose half hitch knot.
- Continue to loosely knot back and forth by repeating Steps 2 and 3 for about 35-40 knots.
- Use the three wires in your right hand to string one 2x2mm crimp tube. Use the Crimping Pliers to crimp and secure the three wires in each together. Use Soft Flex® Flush Cutters to cut off two of the remaining tail strands of wire , so that there is only one strand of .019 color left. Repeat entire step using the three wires in your left hand.
- Remove the bracelet from your work surface. Pass one of the remaining wires through the first loop of the bracelet. Use the remaining two strands of wire to string one 2x2mm crimp tube. Use the Ergo Magical Crimping Pliers to crimp and secure the two remaining strands of wire together. Cut off excess wire. Tuck crimps inside the bracelet.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Jewelry Making"
Find step-by-step tutorials on how to bead and make jewelry. Search for products, tips, and ideas for jewelry making projects, polymer clay jewelry and beaded jewelry.