In this tutorial, you will learn how to make cool bracelets using two basic macrame knots. Although there are very few materials required for this project, the simplicity is what makes these simple beaded hemp bracelets stand out!
- 1mm hemp cording
- Fourteen 8mm beads
- Two 6mm beads
- Epoxy glue or E600
- Paper towel
- Cut an 18” length of hemp; this will be your core strand. Cut two 40” lengths of hemp; these will be your working strands.
- Tie a knot near one end of your core strand. String a 6mm on the other end of your core strand and bring it up to your knot.
- Take your two working strands and tie an overhand knot around your core strand four inches away from the 6mm bead.
- Separate the strands so that the core strand is in the middle and the two working strands are at either side of the core strand.
- Tie two square knots. Slide an 8mm bead on your core strand and bring it up towards your square knots. Make another square knot.
- Repeat last step until you have no more 8mm beads.
- Tie an extra square knot at the end. Tie an overhand knot with your working strands.
- String on a 6mm bead and tie an overhand knot four inches away from your last square knot. Trim excess hemp.
- Cut the excess string close to your overhand knots. Carefully apply a little epoxy or cement glue to your knots to secure them. Let dry.
- Make a 1” sliding square knot closure. (See my video, “How to Make a Sliding Square Knot Closure” to learn how to do this.)
Read NextBeaded Cross Pendant
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 22, 2016
This is a simple beaded bracelet suitable for a male or female depending on the choice of beads. The designer provides a excellent video tutorial that takes you through the process step by step along with clear written instructions including the simple closure. It looks like it would be a good project for teens and pre teens too
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use