Holiday Pastel Ribbon Wreath
Conjure visions of sugarplums with this handmade holiday wreath that makes a great quick and easy holiday decoration.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Wreath, Round Face, 12" x 2 1/2" x 1"
- Foam-safe metallic silver spray paint
- Ultra-fine silver glitter
- Pony beads, one package each: white; silver
- Wire-edged ribbon, 1 1/4" x 5 yds. each: variegated light blue; sheer silver; sheer mauve
- Thin silver or wire ribbon, 6" length
- Metallic large berry sprays with leaves, assorted coordinating colors, six
- Wooden skewer
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- White, thick craft glue
- Large cardboard box (Optional)
- If desired, place foam wreath inside large cardboard box outdoors or in well-ventilated area. Spray paint wreath silver; sprinkle with glitter while wet. Let dry completely.
- Cut approximately twenty 4" lengths from each ribbon color; cut more as needed to fill out wreath shape.
- Apply dot of glue to opening of a silver pony bead; immediately insert one end of a sheer silver ribbon length through hole until tight. Let dry; trim excess ribbon above bead. Repeat to bead all silver ribbons silver; bead all blue and mauve ribbons white. Let dry.
- Refer to photo to join beaded ribbon lengths to wreath. Beginning just inside wreath opening, dot wreath with glue and use wooden skewer to push free end of one ribbon length into foam. Continue adding ribbons in concentric circles around wreath, cutting and beading more ribbons as needed. Offset ribbons slightly from circle to circle.
- Use fingers to bend ribbon lengths toward outside edge of wreath as shown. Twist wire ends, or knot thin ribbon ends, together to create hanging loop. Glue ends into center top back of wreath.
- Trim berry spray stems to 1" length. Apply glue to stems and insert into wreath opening as shown.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.