DIY Halloween Mixed Media Wine Bottles
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "I recently discovered mixed media wine bottles on Pinterest, and it was love at first sight. I thought you needed to be really talented to do them until I watched a few tutorials. I almost had to giggle when I saw how easy they were to make! The idea is to use any bottle and add textures and layers to get a 3D effect. The best part is that most materials for this project can be found around your home, so these bottles are cheap to make."
Project TypeMake a Project
First, add a thick layer of craft glue to the surface of the bottle. Then wrap some paper napkins on top of the glue. Push the napkin around to gather it up in places. To speed up the drying time of the glue, a hairdryer works great.
Next, add more texture to the bottles. I used offcuts of burlap fabric, leather, rope, netting from an onion bag, and cardboard just to name a few. Once I was happy, I painted the surface with black gesso. The black color was then highlighted using colored wax pastes, which were applied to the surface area only using my finger.
I added some elements like broken jewelry, charms, mini mirrors, artificial flowers, and spiders just to name a few. If you have a close look, you will be able to make out what I used. These were glued onto the bottle using a mixture of hot glue for the heavier flowers and E6000 for the rest.
All the elements were painted black and highlighted with the colored wax pastes.
To get the effect of dripping candle wax, I used a hot glue gun and let it run down the bottle.
The images on the small mirrors were made using waterslide paper. You print the image you want on waterslide paper using a regular inkjet printer. Step-by-step instructions are available on my website.
The smaller bottle was made by adding scraps of fabric to the glue in the same manner as the napkins.
The sugar skull images, spiders webs, and bats were all vinyl decals, which were put on the bottles and then painted and highlighted.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This isn't your typical beginner knit cowl or scarf! Made with only one skein of yarn and with big needles, it works up fast. Perfect… Continue reading: "Eiffel Beginner Knit Cowl Pattern"
- Button-Embellished Gift Tags
- Sparkly Glitter Unicorn Pumpkin
- Easy Vanellope von Schweetz Pumpkin
- Witch Pumpkin Candy Holder
- Cute Halloween Decorations for Free
- DIY Disney Cinderella Pumpkin
- Personalized Map Gift for Couples
- Clothespin Holiday Tree
- Diy Book Page Bunny Bunting
- Patriotic Coffee Filter Flowers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gentlemen Scarf
- Super Simple Shawl
- Crochet Sandals
- Baby Girl Puff Shoe Worked Flat
- Boho Packing Tape Storage
- Homeschool Room Ideas
- Elegant Wine Glass Stem Planters
- Adult Summer Halter Top
- Yo-Yo Pumpkin Tutorial
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home