Love Lutradur Postcard or ATC
Use mixed-media fabric sheets like paper to create a postcard or artist trading card. This project by Lisa Fulmer and from C&T Publishing would be perfect for Valentine's Day, an anniversary or any time you want to share a little love.
- Card stock trimmed to 2.5″ x 3.5″
- 5.5″ x 8.5″ piece of 70 gram Lutradur
- Liquitex® Acrylic Paints in two colors
- Paint markers in coordinating colors
- Craft glue
- Heat gun and textile tool (with writing tip)
- White opaque gel pen
- Paint cardstock with a lighter color, set aside to dry.
- Cut the Lutradur sheet in half. Paint one half with a darker color, set aside to dry.
- Use the textile tool to carve the lines of a heart into the other half sheet of Lutradur; careful not to let the lines intersect.
- Trimming around the lines, cut out a heart shape.
- Color the heart as desired with the paint markers, and write “love” on top with the white gel pen.
- Apply the heat gun to the dry, painted sheet of Lutradur to melt away areas as desired to create a lacy effect.
- Crop the burned lacy sheet down to just under 2.5″x3.5″ and glue to the card stock.
- Use a paint marker to rim the edge of the card with color.
- Glue the heart on the card.
- Embellish as desired—I added some self-adhesive bling and I stitched around the edge with my sewing machine