Art Foil Cards
This creative twist on handmade greeting cards will amaze your friends and family, from Arnold Grummer's Paper Making Kits and Supplies!
- Arnold Grummer's Sunflower Ceramic Casting Mold
- Silver art foil (35 to 44 gauge)
- Fine to medium stylus
- #8 blending stump
- Blank cards
- Paint brush
- Stick of hot glue
- Heat gun
- Masking tape
- Glitter glue
- Ribbon or fibers
- Determine foil size needed for card and cut slightly larger piece.
- Lay metal on mold.
- Tape metal to mold securely.
- Slowly and gently massage foil into image with blending stump.
- Remove foil.
- Cut hot glue stick into small pieces, place into depressions on back of image.
- Melt glue with heat gun to backfill image.
- Metal will get hot so handle carefully and let glue cool.
- Turn image to ‘right side’ and add texture with stylus.
- Color image with markers, paints or glitter glue.
- Mount on matted cardstock.
- Finish with ribbon or fibers.