Happy Halloween Painted Pumpkin
Bypass all the mess of carving a pumpkin with the Happy Halloween Painted Pumpkin pattern. You can put this masterpiece outside on your porch or windowsill or keep it indoors as a decoration in order to get into the Halloween spirit. With the free pattern, this craft is quite simple to make and mainly requires acrylic paint. Because this craft uses a foam pumpkin, you can store it with the rest of your decorations until next Halloween, unlike carving a real pumpkin and dealing with the decay.
- Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics: Chartreuse, Lavender Fields, Black Tie
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Tracing paper
- Transfer paper
- #12 flat brush
- Black Sharpie® & regular marker
- #1 round brush
- Medium foam pumpkin
- Make sure the foam pumpkin is clean and dust free.
- Use a pen and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer the pattern for the label from the "Happy Halloween" sign only. Go over the pattern lines with a black marker to make them more visible.
- Use a #12 flat brush and Black Tie to paint every other stripe on the pumpkin. Rinse brush.
- Use a #12 flat brush and Chartreuse to fill in the label. (You may need to use a #1 round brush around the pointed parts of the label.)
- Use a pen and the tracing and transfer papers to traceand transfer the words "Happy Halloween" to the center of the label.
- Use the #1 round brush and Black Tie to paint on the words "Happy Halloween." Rinse brush.
- Use the #1 round brush and Lavender Fields to add diagonal lines inside some letters and then outline the label. Rinse brush.
- Use the handle end of a #12 flat brush and dip in Lavender Fields to add dots to the edges of all Black Tie stripes. Wipe off the handle end.