Scrap Fabric Hair Accessories
Save up those fabric scraps to create cute and funky DIY hair accessories. Whether you choose to make your own fascinator or barrettes (or both), you'll love creating these Scrap Fabric Hair Accessories. You only need a little bit of fabric for this project, so you be sure to dip into your stash before heading out to the craft store. Flower craft ideas never go out of season, so be sure to rock your hair accessories whenever you need a hint of spring. You can also place one in a little girl's hair for a fun touch.
Primary TechniqueFabric Crafts
- Barrette base
- Hot glue
- Begin by cutting and tearing your fabric into 1”-1 ½” strips.
- Glue the end of one strip to a spot on the felt.
- Begin tightly wrapping and twisting the fabric to create a rosette.
- Add a pretty button to the center.
- Continue by creating two more rosettes that are adjacent to the first.
- Trim felt from underneath to create the base.
- Cut another small piece of felt and use this to glue the barrette or hair clip to the back of the rosettes.
Read NextThrifty Tee Shirt Headband