Glittered Snake Barrettes
These Glittered Snake Barrettes from Savannah Starr will make a great addition to your Halloween costume this year! This is a great accessory for a witch costume or a fun Medusa costume. With this easy tutorial, you'll be able to make fun accessories in no time. And why stop at snakes? Use plastic bugs, reptiles, and other cheap creepy crawlies to accent your look!
- Plastic snakes (I found mine at the dollar store)
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Aleene's Tacky Glue Pen (Optional - to apply glue for eyes and decorative zig zag)
- Aleene's Spray Acrylic Sealer - Gloss
- Glitter - colors of your choice
- Glue brush
- Wax paper
- E-6000 Glue
- Optional: gold leaf, cheetah print fabric, rhinestones (for eyes)
Place snake on several layers of wax paper on work surface. Brush on Aleene's Tacky Glue top and sides of snake.
Transfer to clean wax paper. Sprinkle glitter over glue. Shake off excess. Set aside to dry. Pour excess glitter back into original container.
Apply glue and glitter to underside of snake. Let dry. Pour excess glitter back into original container.
Use Glue Pen to add accents for eyes and zig zag down back of snake. Sprinkle with glitter. Shake off excess. Let dry.
Spray entire snake front and back with Gloss sealer.
To create hair accessory, glue barrette onto tail end of snake with E-6000. Use clothespins to hold barrette in place while glue dries.
- Note: On the gold snake, I first applied gold leaf. Next I glued a strip of fabric around snake. Let dry and spray entire snake front and back with Gloss sealer. Let dry.