Upcycled CD Cupcake Stand
Don't throw away those old CDs! Instead, create an Upcycled Cupcake Stand from Tiffany Windsor that you can display on your kitchen table. Upcycled crafts ideas are great for saving money and repurposing items you already have. This is the perfect project for a party!
- Aleene’s Platinum Bond 7800 All Purpose Adhesive
- Glass stand (I’ve used glass vases, candle holders, votives, glass lampshades)
- Rubbing alcohol and paper towel
- Spray paint ( I used flat white)
- Embellishments (I used earring backs, flat head pins and beads)
- If you want bead drops on your stand, determine spacing along outside edge of CD. Mark and punch holes.
- I found the coolest glassware at my local thrift store which included votives, candle stands, vases, glass lampshades and more. Clean your glassware with soap and water. Dry completely and wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any greasy residue.
- Apply Aleene’s Platinum Bond 7800 to top of glassware.
- Lay face down onto back of CD. Let glue dry overnight.
- I like to spray my stands with a flat white spray paint like this example. Then if you decide that you want to paint another color or collage over the surface (or leave them white like I did), you have a nice base to start from. Be sure to use blue masking tape to cover any areas of your glassware that you want to remain clear (I did that on the tall cupcake stand.) Once your paint is dry, insert bead drops.
- On this stand, I glued earring backs along the outside edge of the CD before I spray painted.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make CD and Glass Cupcake Stands.
Read NextRecycled Arum Lily