Foil Monogram Notebook
Learn how to decorate a notebook and turn a generic item into a one-of-kind gift. This Foil Monogram Notebook is a fun and personalized way to show how much you care. The foil is a shiny and eye-catching way to make the cover stand out. Write a nice note inside the front cover and leave the rest of the pages blank so the recipients can make the notebook their own. In addition to including a monogram, you can use pretty colors and detailed graphics to help the cover come to life.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
Find this project and many more in our new eBook, 7 DIY Christmas Gifts: Handmade Gift Ideas You'll Love. Filled with lots of great DIY gift-giving ideas, this new printable collection will help you tackle your gift list in no time! Download your own free copy today!
- Composition notebook
- iCraft Deco Foil™ Hot Melt Adhesive
- iCraft Deco Foil™ Transfer Sheets, color of choice
- HeatnBond Non-Woven Craft Fusible Extra Firm Interfacing, 22” X 10-1/2”
- Cotton fabric, 22” X 10-1/2”
- Coordinating thread
- Tools: sewing machine, iron, straight pins, skewer, monogram pattern of choice
- Fuse interfacing to wrong side of fabric. With interfacing face up, fold short fabric ends in 1/2”, press and top stitch to secure.
- Fold fabric in half, wrong side out, around notebook. Fold short ends around notebook covers, front and back, to create snug-fitting flaps. Pin folds in place and remove notebook.
- Open fabric cover and sew generous 1/4” seam along each long edge, sewing through folded flaps to secure. Clip corners for turning, being careful not to cut through stitch line. Turn cover right side out; square up corners using skewer or similar tool.
- Fold and press raw edges of fabric to inside along stitch lines. Top stitch raw long edges between flaps to finish cover; do not stitch through flaps.
- Place Hot Melt Adhesive Sheet over monogram pattern and trace with pencil.
- Cut out letter and position on front of notebook cover.
- Cover letter with pressing cloth or parchment paper; fuse adhesive to fabric. Let cool completely; peel away paper liner.
- Cut piece of Deco Foil slightly larger than letter and place over letter, color side up.
- Cover foil with pressing cloth or parchment paper and iron as directed. Let cool completely; peel away foil sheet. Replace notebook inside cover.
Note: Follow manufacturer’s directions throughout.
We're giving away a Spectacular Christmas Giveaway to help celebrate the launch of our new eBook, 7 DIY Christmas Gifts. With more than $500 in prizes, this is any craft lover's dream come true! But you better hurry! This giveaway ends November 22nd! Enter today!
Read NextBlessing Bags DIY