Coiled Wire Key Ring
Make this unique coiled wire key ring from The Bead Studio, a great gift for dad!
Courtesy of Bead Studio
- 1 Large Resin Bead
- 4" 14g Sterling Wire
- 18" 18g Copper or Silver Wire
- 3 ½ ' 20g Silver Wire
- 1 Charm
- 1 Key Ring
- 1 Key Ring Swivel
- Coiling Gizmo w/ Clamp
- Wire Cutter
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain Nose Filers
- Set up coiling gizmo according to instructions in package. We will only be using the smaller Mandrel on this project.
- Anchor the 20g wire to the smaller Mandrel.
- Wind the wire around the Mandrel until you have 4" of coiled wire.
- Remove the 4" of coiled wire from the Mandrel and trim off any excess wire ends. Both ends of the coiled wire should appear as they do in the photo to the left.
- Anchor the 18g wire to the Mandrel and wind 6 times around and slide on 4" coil.
- Continue to wind the 4" coil onto the Mandrel until you have six turns of coil left.
- Glide the twisted coil off the Mandrel and trim excess wire. Open the coil up by winding counter clockwise.
- Slide one side on the coil end onto the 14g wire, place the bead in the center of coil and thread the 14g wire through the ball and out the outer end of the coil.
- Play with the coil around the bead until you achieve the desired look and make a loop on each end of the wire.
- Open loop gently to the side and add a charm on one side and the key ring with swivel to the other side. Just scroll back to the top of this page to see how our project turned out.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Gifts"
Ideas and step-by-step tutorials on how to make homemade craft gifts, children christmas craft ornament gifts, craft gift ideas and unique craft gifts