Christmas Spirit Jars
Take pretty jars from Tombow and turn them into lovely holiday decorations. These Christmas Spirit Jars make for great gifts. Put anything you wish inside or just make the jar itself the gift.
- Glass jars
- Two-sided decorative paper from Graphic 45, Christmas Past Collection. The samples used Jolly Old St. Nicholas and Letters to Santa
- Tombow MONO Clear Adhesive
- Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue
- Chandelier crystals
- Decorative ribbons and trims to match
- Thin gold cord
Tools: Paper trimmer, scallop edged decorative scissors, circle punches
- Cut paper strips to fit around the jar bases.
- Distress the edges of the paper with the sandpaper and use the Clear adhesive to attach to the jars.
- I used computer-generated sayings cut into strips and adhered with the Clear adhesive to add the journaling to the jars.
- For the lid tops, circle punch out chosen motifs and adhere to scalloped edged panels to fit the jar top. Use the Clear adhesive to glue the panels together and to the jar. Glue the rhinestones to the jars using MONO Multi glue.
- Cut out a motif in the shape of the chandelier crystal and glue to the back using the MONO Multi glue. Let dry then use a pin to re-open the hole and string onto gold cord.
- Tie the crystals around the neck of the jar and then the decorative ribbons and trims.
- Finish the jars by placing the ribbon and jewels inside.
Item ideas for inside of jars: Wide pleated ribbon, old jewelry pieces, crystal beads, silver charms.
For more great 'gift in a jar' ideas, check out this FREE eBook.
Read NextAntique Bauble Mason Jar Gifts