Easy Peasy Strawberry Pot
If you don't know what to do with all those kitty litter buckets from the store, you may be surprised to find that you can turn them into an Easy Peasy Strawberry Pot. These are simple small garden ideas that really add a lot of life into the garden. Not only are you going green by recycling, but you'll also be produced homegrown fruits for the entire family. This DIY strawberry planter is one idea that you'll want to save for sowing season. No garden is ever too small for an Easy Peasy Strawberry Pot (or two).
- Using a Hole Saw,make holes in the sides of your kitty litter bucket. In a smaller Tidy Cats litter bucket I can comfortably fit 3 holes in the narrow side and four on the wider side. In the larger bucket I like 4 and 5 holes.
- Prepare and paint the outside surface of the litter bucket.
- Fit a piece of landscapers fabric (or old window screen) to the inside of your bucket and make an X-shaped opening in the fabric everywhere you drilled a hole.
- Fill the bottom of your bucket with a nutrient rich soil/compost mixture to the first row of holes and then insert a strawberry plant into each opening.
- Add more soil to the second row and add more plants, then to the third row...
- Add a few plants to the top of your bucket and place in a sunny location.
Read NextFairy Garden In An Old Wheelbarrow!!