Decoupage Flower Pots
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "Learn how to create gorgeous flower pots using pretty napkins and decoupage. These stacked flower pots look hand-painted and add a custom touch to your container garden. Get a full tutorial on how to get the best results with decoupage, including simple techniques to prevent sticking and to seal your final project properly. Plus, there's a step-by-step video that lets you follow along. You can transform the look and feel of your outdoor garden and patio with this simple DIY project."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Terracotta pot
- Clay pot sealer
- Chalk paint
- Decorative napkins
- Decoupage glue
- Paint brushes
Seal the terracotta pots inside before painting.
Paint a base coat on the exterior of the pot. Let dry completely.
Separate napkin plies to isolate the printed layer.
Apply decoupage glue in sections and place the printed layer of napkin down carefully until the pot is covered with the desired pattern. Let dry.
Apply top coat of decoupage glue. (See related blog post for specific formula needed for outdoor use.)
NotesLearn how to paint terracotta pots in a related post to create a complete stacked pot display.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Add a touch of whimsical charm to your spring and summer decor with this Classic Country Scrap Wreath. Made using fabric scraps of a… Continue reading: "Country DIY Fabric Wreath Tutorial"
- DIY PVC birds
- Milk Carton Bird Feeder
- Dishwasher Pod Container Recycled Planter
- Gorgeous Simple 10 Minute Moroccan Tile Planters
- Upcycled Plastic Bottle Decor Items
- Decorative Painted Rocks
- Flowery Front Door Recycled Craft
- Recycled Concrete Mosaic Planter
- Terra Cotta Pinch Pots
- Diy Garden Stepping Stones
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mini Angel Amigurumi
- Criss Cross Mini Tote
- Mini Bears In Stockings
- Diy Deck Rail Planter
- Pattern For A Baby Bib With Square Corners
- Claire Armstrong, Pillar Box Blue
- Diy Flower Vase
- 12 Coolest Resin Crafts + Resin Casting for Beginners
- Common Sewing Stitches You Need To Know
- Moccasin Slippers With A Cuff
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home