Stylish Painted Shirt
Dad needs to be stylish too, but that doesn't mean he has to shop where all the young men do! Try this painting technique to achieve a designer look on one of his old collared shirts. A great Plaid Father's Day craft for sure.
- 4404 - FolkArt ® Fabric™ Paint - Brush On - Berry Wine
- 4410 - FolkArt ® Fabric™ Paint - Brush On - Fawn
- 4426 - FolkArt ® Fabric™ Paint - Brush On - Licorice
- Button down shirt or t-shirt
- Wax paper
- Stencils or foam stamps
- Foam paintbrush
- Ironing board
- Sewing machine
1. Place a piece of wax paper under the area to be painted. If you are working with stencils, position the stencil in the desired area. Using the fawn paint and a foam paintbrush, apply the paint to the brush and then tap off the excess paint so the brush is near dry. Paint the stencil in a uneven fashion for an aged or worn look. For foam stamps, apply the paint directly to the stamp and stamp in the desired position. Allow the paint to dry.
Next, layer more designs and colors of paint by repeating the steps above with the licorice and berry wine paints.
- Heat set the paint with an iron. Sew decorative stitches over the painted design with various colors of thread.