Clothespin Key Holder
Is Dad always searching for his car or house keys? Get the kids together and craft this key holder. A bit of scrapbook paper, a clothespin, a dowel, and a STRYOFOAM ball, and you've got a homemade gift for Father's Day.
- 5/8″ X 2 1/2″ plastic spray can lid
- 5/8″ X 8″ striped scrapbook paper
- FloraCraft® STYROFOAM™ ball, 2 1/2″ diameter
- FloraCraft® Spanish Moss
- Forster® dowel, 6″ length of 1/4″ wide
- Forster® large spring clothespin
- “DAD” sticker letters
- 3 buttons (to match)
- Small stones (to weight bottom of lid)
- Elmer’s® Craft Bond™ Tacky Glue
- Serrated knife (For adult use only)
- Small hand saw (For adult use only)
Use glue to attach scrapbook paper to can lid.
Glue small stones in bottom of lid to weigh lid down.
Have adult use serrated knife to cut foam ball in half. Glue one half of ball, flat side down in lid (on top of stones).
Have adult use hand saw to trim one end of dowel at an angle. Glue clothespin onto angled end of craft stick. Let dry. Insert and glue other end of dowel into foam ball.
Apply glue to foam ball and press Spanish Moss into glue.
Place “DAD” stickers to buttons.
- Glue buttons to front of key holder.