Enjoy a cold drink in style with these embroidered bottle koozies from Baby Lock, featuring monograms, names or other embellishments. These bottle koozies are a great way to kick off girls' night out.
- Baby Lock® Sofia or embroidery machine with a 100mm x 100mm embroidery field
- MonogramWorks from Designer’s Gallery® Software
- Purchased bottle koozie blank
- Temporary spray adhesive
- Tear away stabilizer
- Small hoop (100mm x 100mm) Air erasable fabric marker Ruler
- All-purpose sewing thread
- Assortment of Madeira embroidery thread
- Assortment of Creative Notions crystals
- Crystal Applicator Wand
- Variety of trim and rick-rack remnants
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Open MonogramWorks from Designer’s Gallery installed on your computer. Select Hoop Size under the view menu and set the hoop for 100mm X 100mm.
Click the Create Text Tool from the Design Toolbar. There will be a default monogram in the center of the design page.
Type your letter or name into the Text box.
Pick your font from the font selection menu. University was used for the name and Isadora was used for the single letter.
With Scale Proportionally locked, use the Size Control Panel to set the height to 1 1/4”. This will take the design slightly out of the 100mm X 100mm design page.
Use the rotate handle to rotate the design so it will fit within the hoop.
Choose “Save as” from the File Menu and select your machine format from the Save as type menu and save the design to the proper media for your machine.
With the machine set up for embroidery, hoop a piece of tear away stabilizer in the 100mm X 100mm hoop. Spray the stabilizer with temporary spray adhesive.
Mark the design placement in the center of the bottle koozie with the air erasable marker and ruler.
Place the koozie onto the stabilizer; load the design onto the machine and stitch.
Remove the hoop from the machine and remove the koozie from the hoop, tearing away the excess stabilizer.
Set your machine up for regular sewing with a straight stitch. Use all purpose sewing thread in both the needle and the bobbin.
With right sides together, sew along both sides of the koozie. Unzip and turn right side out.
- Embellish as desired using the hot glue gun to attach trims and rick-rack. Bling your koozie using the Crystal Applicator Wand and Hot Fix Crystals.
Read NextColorful Succulent Tote Bag