DIY Indoor Fairy Garden
What kid doesn't love fairies or any magical creature? Now you can help your kids learn how to make a fairy garden of their own with this DIY Indoor Fairy Garden tutorial. This is an easy kids' craft that's super budget-friendly as well. Using a birdhouse and an indoor planter, your kids can create their very own magical world. It's a craft that will keep your kids playing all day long. Just make sure to keep watering their fairy garden after you're finished!
- Short/wide pot
- 2-3 little plants (make sure the plants are suitable for the room you’ll be keeping your garden in – ours was a bright and sunny location)
- Little bird house or structure
- Rocks and/or sea glass
- Moss, ferns or any other interesting plant life you can find outside
- Any little toy fairies, princesses, toad stools, or anything else you think would help accessorize the garden
Paint your bird/fairy house and put it aside to dry.
Add soil to your bowl until it’s about 2/3′s full.
Add in your 2-3 plants leaving a spot for the bird house.
Carefully add the birdhouse. Put a little more soil around the plants and around the birdhouse to make sure it’s anchored in there and won’t fall or get knocked over easily.
Create a little walk way to the front of the house with little flat stones or sea glass.
Put moss around any exposed soil that you can see.
Finally, decorate with sticks, rocks and any little toys that your child would like to have in the garden.
- That’s it, your all done! Don’t forget to water the garden or else it’ll end up being a fairy compost heap!
Read NextSimple Popsicle Stick Crosses