Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
Upcycled Sweater Bunny Craft
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "It so easy to make a gorgeous and fun bunny pillow from an old sweater. Old woolen sweaters can be felted and then sewn into a characterful pillow. Not only does this bunny pillow look fantastic it is lovely and soft to cuddle up to. You can personalise these bunnies by using a favourite old sweater and adding embellishments of your choice. You can also create different facial expressions. Visit the blog post for more details."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- Old sweater
- Scraps of felt
- Needle and thread
- Fiber for stuffing
- Paper, scissors, glue.
Lay your sweater out flat. Place paper on top to make a template the size of the sweater.
Cut the arms of the sweater.
Make a felt face, using felt circles for the eyes and a triangle for the nose. Embroider a mouth and some teeth. Stitch face to the front of the sweater.
Turn sweater inside out and stitch round leaving a hole for stuffing. Turn sweater right side out fill with stuffing and then sew shut.
Use the arms to make 2 big bunny ears. Sew ears to top of the pillow.
Embellish your bunny with felt pieces such as hearts and flowers to cover any holes in your sweaters. You can also use scrap felt add paws and inners to your ears.
Don't forget to make a large pom pom for the tail.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home