Tie Dye Easter Peeps
Who doesn't love those cute marshmallow Peeps? These Tie Dye Easter Peeps from I Love to Create are just like the candy, but calorie free! Instead, you can cuddle up with these easy Easter crafts! These pillows make great gifts and basket stuffers!
- Tulip® One-Step Dye™ (Pink)
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint (Ebony)
- Brush – No. 6 Round
- Plastic tablecloth
- Cotton sateen fabric – white – approximately 1 – 1½ yards
- Large sheet of paper (approximately 18” x 30”) for pattern
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Sewing pins
- Bunny Pillow Pattern 1
- Bunny Pillow Pattern 2
- Enlarge bunny pattern to desired size.
- Trace onto large sheet of paper and cut out pattern. Set aside.
- Prewash fabric in cool water to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth then lay damp fabric out flat. Scrunch and crumple fabric. (See crumple technique illustration in technique guide from dye box.)
- Prepare dye as directed on package. Apply to fabric then cover with plastic tablecloth to keep damp. Let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense color. Rinse thoroughly in running water until runoff is clear.
- Machine wash fabric in cool water with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry separately and press.
- Lay bunny pattern on fabric, pin and cut out two pieces for front and back. Cut a strip 3½” wide and long enough to span all the way around the edge of bunny, plus 1” extra.
- With right sides facing together, stitch the strip to the pillow front, easing around the corners. Sew end of strip together. Pin and then sew the pillow back to the strip, leaving a small opening approximately 7” to 8” along bottom of bunny to stuff. Fill with fiberfill and stitch opening closed.
- Paint two eyes on bunny with Ebony Matte Soft Fabric Paint. Let dry.
Read NextUpcycled Sweater Bunny Craft